First, I suggest watching the YouTube videos. You can find these here
If you've already followed the videos, changing your in-game settings and messing with your Max Makeup values, then try these steps:
- What is your Response Rate while using your mouse in Remote Play? (This is the value in the PS4MouseToController window title). This is how fast, similar to FPS, your PC communicates to your PS4.
If this value is 300+, this is great and not the problem. If this value is 200-300, this is fine but not great. If this value is less than 200, this is bad. To increase this value, try the following steps:
1. Ensure your PC isn't running intensive programs that might be using up your CPU or internet speed. It's best to close any running programs except PS4MouseToController and Remote Play.
2. Connect your PS4 or PC to Ethernet. Connect both to Ethernet if possible.
3. If you're using an i5 CPU or anything slower, this issue might be related to having a slow PC.
- What is your Max Makeup value? If this is 0, you will definitely have a problem with a laggy mouse. Try messing with this value. For reference, mine is set to 300 but this might depend on your mouse and screen size.
The YouTube videos mentioned above should help you figure this out.
- I highly suggest
changing your mouse's DPI value and setting the PS4MouseToController sensitivity to 1. If your DPI is set to some very large number (mine is set to 12,000), then your mouse movement on your PS4 should feel really smooth.
Note that this will make using your mouse on your desktop extremely fast, so I recommend (but it's not required) getting a mouse with the option to toggle between DPI values (my mouse has a button I can click to switch between these).